Nobody knows this but I once ran someone over and I didn’t stop to call 911. He just came out of nowhere, i lost control and the next thing I know, I’m standing in front of a dead man in the middle of nowhere. Once I realized what I had just done, I completely lost it. I was screaming, waiting to wake up from this nightmare, but I didn’t wake up, because what had just happened turned out to be reality. I thought of calling someone, but, I didn’t want anyone to get involved or hurt because of me. The only thing I could think to do was to hide the body and leave. Act like none of this ever happened. I grab the man’s legs and began dragging him into the woods nearby. I tried to cover the body with leaves and branches to make it look like nothing is there, hoping that he will disintegrate or be eaten by a wild animal before anyone else discovers the body. Once again, I get in my car and just lose it. Tears streaming down my face reflecting the reality of what I had just done. How am I to forget this? How can I just move on and live a normal life when I took the life of an innocent man whose family will be confused to why he never came home? How?

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–

An in class activity where we had to write our deepest darkest secrets true or not, inspired me to write this piece.