Part A: You the writer

What was your writing identity prior to the course?

I don’t know what my writing identity was before i joined this class. I used to write what i was feeling when i was going through something, other that that i didn’t write much.

What is your writing identity now?

I really like to write things that are short and straight to the point.

Reflect on your development as a writer.

My inspiration comes from my experiences. I like to think that it adds a bit of who i am in all of mf my writing. The voice and style i use is quet and simple sentences.

As a mentor writer, what advice would you give to future creative writers?

I would say that you will not be successful if you don’t put in the work. If you work hard and practice your writing you become as good as Ziana!

Future goals and plans regarding writing.

I really want to improve my critical writing because i am not that good at writing critical essays. Essays have alway been something i was good at, so id like to improve in that area.

Part B: You the blogger

Reflect on your development as a blogger.

I’ve never had blog before, but, i’d say i have developed enough for a beginner.

How would you critique your blog?

I would say that my blog needs improvement because i didn’t post as much as i should have because i was busy with my other courses.

What will you do with your blog after this course?

Honestly, i don’t think i will continue with it.

Which students blogs will you continue to follow?

I would continue to follow jades and hopes blog.

What professional bloggers have you explored?

I haven’t explored any professional blogs because i couldn’t find the time, but i hope to find some in the future.

Part C: You the student

What have you accomplished as a reader? What is your plan to read next?

A book that i read this semester that i really enjoyed would probably be “A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Khaled Hosseini. I found that i can relate to it more because like Mariam, i am also an arab muslim. Reading improved my writing because it showed me all the different types of styles there are.

Will you take creative writing again? Why? Why not?

I dont think ill take creative writing again because this is my last year in high school. After this year my life is going to be more busy than it is now.